This Education Program is presented by Continuum Services.
day on Saturdays
9:00am to 5:00pm
Location: Phillips Beth
776 Sixth Avenue @ 27th Street,
NYC, NY 10001
Instructors: Coordinated by Carol Gellman in collaboration
with BIMC Peri-op Management and Staff.
How to Apply:
The Peri-operative course is offered for new graduates and registered nurses. You can register online and submit the following:
1) Current resume
2) 500 word essay that includes a statement about why you want to be a
perioperative nurse; the role of a perioperative nurse; and a description of
your prior nursing experience (if any).
E-mail your completed application to email@example.com.
Method of Payment: Credit Card or Personal Check
Course Fee: Total fee is $3,000. $1,000 is due upon acceptance and $1,000
Israel School of Nursing
776 Sixth Avenue @ 27th Street
course is based on the standards of the AORN’s Peri-operative 101 Program. This
course is focused on training and education to registered nurses who are either
new graduates or have been previously employed in non-OR nursing positions.
includes classroom lectures, labs skills practice, simulation and observational
experiences and skill implementation in the surgical setting. As part of this
blended course, participants will work with the online learning modules delivered
through the AORN’s e-learning platform. By the end of the course, participants
will have acquired the basic knowledge and fundamental skills necessary to function
in entry level peri-operative nursing positions.
includes the outstanding and comprehensive AORN online program. This proram has
been developed by the AORN as an excellent and essential introduction to OR nursing.
The course is a blenden and offers the best of online, classroom and clinical
completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the role and responsibilities of the peri-operative
- Apply principles of asepsis (infection control) to nursing
- Demonstrate knowledge and principles of sterilizations and
- Demonstrate proficiency and independence in performing
- Apply nursing actions based on appropriate scientific
- Aseptic Technique
- Endoscopic Surgery
- Environmental Sanitation and Terminal Cleaning
- Hemostasis, Sponges & Drains
- Introduction to Perioperative Nursing
- Critical Thinking
- Latex Allergy
- Medications & Solutions
- Patient & Family Education
- Peri-Anesthesia Nursing
- Perioperative Assessment
- Positioning the Patient
- Safety in the Surgical Suite
- Scrubbing, Gowning & Gloving
- Skin Prep
- Sterilization & Disinfection
- Surgical Instruments
- Surgical Draping
- The Surgical Environment
- Wound Closure & Healing
INFORMATION and REGISTRATION: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Office of Continuing Education 212 614 6177for information or to register by phone with a credit card. You can also register online at www.ceprograms.org