Education Program is presented by Continuum Services, which has been approved
as a provider of Continuing Education by the New York State Nurses
Association’s Council on Continuing Education.
Commission on Accreditation accredits NYSNA as an approver of continuing
education in nursing.
This CE program has been assigned approval code
7TPNYS-PRV-115 and awarded 5 contact hours.
Date: October 6, 2010
Time: 8:00AM -
Location: Beth Israel Medical Center - Pacc in 10 Union Square East, New York, NY 10003
This one day program
will provide nurses with the basic skills needed to care for patients with
stomas and incontinence-associated dermatitis (IAD).
Disease states and other conditions which may result in the need for a stoma, the care and rehabilitation of patients with stomas, management of
post-operative complications and common causes of IAD will be reviewed.
A Hands-On session will be provided that will demonstrate a variety of pouching techniques through use and selection of appropriate products.
anatomy and physiology of digestive system.
2. Identify disease states that may necessitate creation of colostomy, ileostomy or urinary diversion.
3. Be able to state psychological and adjustment issues of patients with
4. Identify content to include in patient teaching for a patient with a fecal
or urinary diversion.
5. Describe myths or misconceptions patients may have about ostomies.
6. Identify common peristomal complications and possible remedies
7. Describe common causes of diarrhea in institutionalized patients
8. Develop a plan for prevention of incontinence associated dermatitis
9. Describe 3 options for containing severe diarrhea
10. Develop a plan for treatment of incontinence associated dermatitis
Phone: Call 212-614-6177 or 6175 to register with check or money order.
Fax: Click on downloadable brochure (pdf) to mail or fax to us with payment information.
Fax #: 212-614-6109
Online: Online registration is by credit card only. Click on "Register online" button to pay by your credit card.